Deep thoughts: Acting on the Stage of Life
As Aldo Kraas wrote “We are all actors on the stage of life”, it struck me that this statement is true. Don’t you agree? You and I are in the stage we call life and each one of us act out a role that we are appointed by circumstance. Like someone somewhere is the director just like we direct our roles when we play GTA Vice City APK.
Are we really all just actors in life?
While we have been always told “always be yourself” and the statement “we are just actors in this stage of life”, it somehow has contradicting thoughts. Reality is we are really actors and that the script is always be yourself. In reality actors are pretending, but the roles we portrait in life are not pretend and we have to learn to live the role. Does it make sense? Well I think it makes sense.
How much of our lives is just being roles and acting?
Real actors take acting at a great level, and they are good at it. And as I see them in theaters and in big screen, I wonder how much acting they separate from their real life. Perhaps my thoughts are just too deep that sometimes I myself can’t really answer.
Just a thought I want to share. I think most of our lives we play roles that we have been given since birth. Acting out these roles is part of our everyday task and we only stop when we finally reach our death bed. Or do I even make sense?
Are You Living Your Life or Playing a Role?
My role in life
- I am a mother and I believe I play the role well. Those who don’t play the roles well don’t deserve the role and so they are replaced by foster parents who are good at parenting being a mother to a child they never had.
- I am a doctor. I play this role well and really it becomes so exhausting and frustrating most of the time. There are times that you want miracles to happen just to find out that the miracle is in your hands.
- I am a wife and a lover. This part of my life I don’t play so well so I was replaced by someone who could give the better of the role. But I accept this and I guess the directors of life do to.
- I am a friend. I took on the role of being a friend as far as I remember and my best friend thinks I play the role out well. Although sometimes I don’t play the role too well to others who don’t really feel like my friendship is worth something to keep.
- I am a grandmother. This is the latest role I take and I have to admit that this is perhaps the best role I ever took in all my existence. While I have been playing too many roles, being the grandmother role is something that just makes me smile naturally.
This is the actor in me. Who is the actor in you? I admit that this text is much more complicated than I hope to write. But perhaps you have the same thoughts as you lay down your bed right before you sleep.